Camp Hero SPORTS is a dynamic 3-day school holiday camp.
What is Camp Hero SPORTS?
Camp Hero SPORTS aims to improve the physical and technical skills of each young athlete, as well as develop their resilience and understanding of what it takes to succeed in their chosen sport.
Featuring an impressive line-up of professional athletes and coaches, students will improve their skills in a variety of sport disciplines including AFL, Netball, Basketball, Soccer, Cricket, Hockey, Athletics and more… During the program, young athletes will also have the opportunity to hear from experts in sporting related fields such as: nutrition, performance coaching, sports physio and strength and conditioning.
This program has been specifically designed for participants to increase their knowledge and understanding of health and wellbeing, improve mental and physical strength, and develop their leadership skills. All whilst creating new friendships and having fun!
Who’s it for?
Camp Hero SPORTS is for young people aged 7 – 14. Beginner athletes are welcome.
**Where required, students will be arranged into groups based on their age, friendship groups and skill level.
- A three-day school holiday program run by qualified facilitators.
- The opportunity to play and train with Professional Athletes.
- A multi-sport focus.
- Sessions covering: nutrition, sports psychology, performance, physiotherapy and more.
- 15+ hours of physical and mental coaching.
- 1 x t-shirt and water bottle for each participant.
- Physical & Mental Health
- Fun & Friendship
Date: 13th – 15th July 2020
Time: 9am – 3pm
Venue: Churchlands Senior High School
Cost: $250 per student*
* Group discount; 20% ($50) discount per student for groups of 2 or more.
zero2hero and Camp Hero SPORTS will be operating in alignment with the WA Government’s COVID-19 Safety Plan by:
- Practising good hand hygiene
- Maintaining records for contact tracing
- Complying with activity capacity limit
- Frequent sanitising of all equipment
Which athletes will be a part of Camp Hero SPORTS?
Confirmed athletes for the July 2020 school holidays include:
Damian Martin – Player and Captain of the Perth Wildcats
Georgia Wilson – Hockeyroos Player
Matthew Pavlich – Former Player and Captain at the Fremantle Football Club and Media Personality
Chad Morrison – Former AFL Player, Level 3 Senior Coach and Head Recruiter
Tom Scollay – Former International Cricketer and Cricket Australia Level 2 Coach
Stacey Francis – International Netballer and current Perth Fever Player
Brant Garvey – Paralympian and Ironman
Byron Schammer – Former AFL Player
Alicia Janz – Current AFLW Player